Sooo, after Girls Club on Friday, we went home showered and got ready to go to SUA- University of Agriculture for their event. They were having a big talent show type event, and a Mr. and Miss. SUA competition. It was really exciting to go to a university event, and it's not too far from where we live. There were 2 stages, and it was outdoors, with tables and chairs and everyone was really dressed up. There were really cool performances- singers, rappers, dancers and comedy. We obviously didn't understand anything- but it was still fun to watch the performances. The MC was this pretty famous rapper/singer in Morogoro, so we said hi to him when we first got there, we had met him before since he is good friends with Mahko (our manager).
Anyways, the performances were amazing, and the talent competition was really cool too. We stayed till the end, and I got pretty tired by then, and it started to rain a bit. But despite the rain people were still all dancing to the music and having a great time! So yeah, I'm glad we went to that event.
Saturday, I slept in- so nice! I haven't slept in for a while so that was good. Woke up, ate breakfast- chapatti (like a pancake/crepe thing). Then we just hung out around the house for a bit. We went to the market with our neighbours for bit, and just wandered around for a bit. Then I came home and did nothing. We had dinner, and then we watched a Swahili movie. Normally they have English subtitles so we can understand what is going on, but this time there weren't. But it was still easy to follow. Finally, got tired and went to bed!
Sunday, I slept in too, but not as late. We had Mendazi (not sure how to spell)- but it's like a little doughnut/timbit type thing. Really delicious, and I ate so many of them. Then we went over to Devon and Anthony's house to visit Devon, since he was pretty sick so we wanted to see how he was doing. Their Mama Abdul, ended up making us eat there too, so we had to eat once again, and I was so full, but their food was really good! Devon is feeling better too, so that's really good!
Anyways, I went to bed early yesterday, and just rested, I'm not sure why, but I was so tired yesterday. Then woke up early and now I'm here.
We have our weekly meeting soon that we are going to, since Friday it was cancelled. Then just more planning for tonight's computer class!
Not much else going on right now... But I'll update again soon!
Love: Jenn
No comments:
Post a Comment